Friday, July 6, 2012

Washi Decorated Gift Bag

Procrastination is my middle name.  I can assure you I have tons of stuff just sitting around waiting for me to make it or clean it or something similar. 
photo (20)
I had known for three weeks that a coworker had a baby shower at work this past week.   But I totally blew it off and forgot to even make one thing for her.  I usually would make some flannel blankets and burp cloths and such, but just never got around to it.  photo (22)
So I went to the pharmacy in the hospital and filled one of their bags with several kinds of diaper rash medicine, diaper wipes, baby acetaminophen and several bottles of lotion and baby wash.  It was quite a bit. 
photo (23)
I realized though I had no way to wrap it other than in the bag the pharmacy gave me.  I went to the hospital gift shop and found a royal blue gift bag in the right size.  Uggggly!  I was resigned to have an ugly gift! 
photo (24)
When I got back to the office, I opened my top drawer and remembered and saw the two rolls of washi tape I had there.  So I made several passes around that bag at the top (it was easy because it had horizontal stripes around it) with the tape and then also decorated the envelope with the tape too!  I even cut out cute little hearts to put on the envelope!
photo (25)
I am linking to these great parties!
Signature

2 comments:

Jill said...

Well done Ellen on a pretty and easy fix for a plain bag!


Just wanted to let you know that I featured your cluster earrings on my round tuit post this week!
Round Tuit 109
Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success

Ang said...

What a fantastic idea! I'm your newest follower on GFC :)